Sunday, July 29, 2012

Chomp by Carl Hiaasen


Oh my goodness, reading Chomp is like watching a movie in your head.  Realistically I know I’m sitting on my swing under the maple tree in my backyard, but in my head I’m in the Everglades in the middle of a thunderstorm.  I’m speeding through the swamp on an airboat with Wahoo, Tuna and Link while a crazed lunatic is chasing us.  The mosquitoes are swarming and biting…oh wait, that part’s real.  Seriously, I cannot put this book down; I will be highly recommending it to all my students this fall.  This story has it all:  action, adventure, lovable wild animals (wouldn’t you love to take a swim with Alice the alligator?), villains, good guys, and even a little romance thrown in just for fun.  Has anyone decided to make this into a movie yet?  If not, someone definitely needs to send a copy of the book to Disney or Pixar.

No comments: