Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Plum Lake Library



Like anybody, I love going on vacation.  What may not be so normal is that I also love visiting the local libraries when I’m traveling.  I think it’s something about the smell of the books as you walk through the door.  It’s so comforting.  It’s like a little part of home when you’re on the road. I always feel so safe and welcome when I’m in a library.  Maybe it’s because I love to read.  I admit, I’m a book person.  So this summer I’m doing something I’ve always wanted to do.  I’m stopping at every library I encounter, exploring it, and taking pictures.  I realize that may not sound exciting to some people, but for those of us who love to read and enjoy libraries, it’s fun!

Today I’m posting pictures of one of my most favorite vacation libraries, the Plum Lake Library in Sayner, Wisconsin.  Every year my family vacations on Plum Lake and this is the library we head to for not only books but also a great Wifi connection.  In fact, on a rainy day the library can be full to bursting with vacationers.  True, the free Wifi might lure them in, but I like to think that once they’re there they check out all the great books.  And the library cards are free!

No comments: